Monday, February 13, 2006

This and That

Well, we are hitting the road to the South on Wednesday night - yippee! The girls and I and our friend Melissa are going home for a visit. Melissa is from Kentucky, but she just wanted to go anywhere south of here! Much like me, I might add. Sadie is so excited... I made the mistake of telling her that we're going about a week ago. I should've waited until the night before we left. Now she asks me all the time, "See Papaw? See Grammy? See Mamaw? See Great Gramma? Rudy? Cameron? Ride bi-cycle?" (Daddy & Sylvia got her a hot wheels for Christmas) It's pretty cute. I am so glad that she remembers everyone; otherwise, I'd probably be boohooing all of the time instead of a great deal of the time :) Josie has a cold, so she isn't having a very good time this week. She's sneezing little sneezes, coughing little coughs, whining little whines, and crying BIG cries. When she isn't happy, she wants everyone to know it. Sadie makes it a point to tell me, "Mommy, Mommy... Josie crying. Josie crying!!!" While I do appreciate her big-sisterly concern, I must admit that I think it's much funnier when she hears Josie and yells, "I comin', Josie-bean! I comin'! Quiet! Okay?" On a scary note, my sister-in-law Sarah informed me about this website that lets you see exactly where registered sex offenders are living in your area (see my "Die, Perverts, Die" Post if you're wondering where this is coming from). In a ten mile radius from here, there are 96. NINETY-SIX. I thought, "Well, maybe this is because we're on the outskirts of Cleveland. Not so... in a ten mile radius of my little ole' town in the South, there are 36. THIRTY-SIX!!! Please visit this site... make yourself and your kids aware of dangers that may be lurking in your own backyard. I don't mean to scare you, but hey! I'm scared, and why should I be the only one?! :) www.familywatchdog.us