Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Um, Excuse Me

Tonight we went to a Holiday Sing-a-Long with Deanna. Sadie went right up to the front with a bunch of kids and with the singers and danced along to "Rudolph" and "Frosty the Snowman." She's a natural. Josie is too... she escaped me a couple of times and toddled down the aisle toward the front... she looked so cute in her fuzzy reindeer shirt that I wanted to leave her up there, but I was afraid a big kid might step on her and squash her. When we got home, we came inside and Deanna had the diaper bag, which had Josie's pink blanket hanging out of it. Deanna put Josie down in the family room, then walked out of the room into the kitchen to hang up coats, put stuff away, etc. All the while, Josie is standing there, right where Deanna left her, with her pudgy little finger pointing up in the air, saying, "My blankie. Um. My blankie. Um. My blankie!"

Good news: We are all well for the moment!
Bad news: They cut down the weeping willow in the yard next door. Bah!