Friday, December 22, 2006

X-nay on the onkey-may

I forgot to mention some of the other cool stuff the kids got from their Ohio family the other day... they got My Little Pony stuff, new PJ's, real kid-sized spoons and forks, cool socks, a great 2 seater wagon, a Christmas CD, some $ for savings, a real china teaset... the list goes on and on. However, one of the most interesting toys came from Aunt Sarah... an animatronic baby chimp that responds to touch and he laughs, "talks" to you, giggles, squeals, and shakes when he gets all excited. Sadie thought this was pretty cool at first. She played with him for a few days, and then the other night after she went to bed, she got up, came across the house in the dark, came into my room, and said, "Mommy. Will you please take that monkey out of my room?" Hehehe... Now the monkey has to live in the toy closet at night - he can only come out during the day. And here I thought monkeys were nocturnal....