Monday, February 05, 2007

Sweet Girls

Last night as I was rocking Josie in the rocking chair before I put her to bed. I was singing her the "Goodnight Sun" song I made up for her, and suddenly, she reached up and put both her chubby little hands on both my cheeks and stared right into my eyes. Then she started patting my face and saying, "Gentle, gentle." THEN, she used her little finger to brush the hair out of my eyes. AND THEN, she put her little arms around my neck and kissed me on the mouth, saying "m-wah!" I cried.

So, probably about a month ago, I read Sadie the Bible story about Jesus healing the blind man. We talked about blindness, and she was very worried about the blind man and about how some people aren't able to see. I told her that some people are born that way, and some people might have an accident that caused them to be blind, etc. Tonight, weeks and weeks later, she was eating baby carrots (with dip) and I told her that I was glad that she likes carrots because carrots are good for your eyes. She immediately said, "Then those blind people need to eat some carrots! Let's get some carrots for those blind people so they can see!"