Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sowwy, Mom

Last night I went into Sadie's room after I had washed my hair... it was down and clean and curly, and I realized just how much I've been keeping it up in a ponytail when she said, "Oh, Mommy! I like your hair! It's so long and beautiful!" I don't think I've ever felt prettier. :)

Today, I was working in the garden - and might I add that WEEDS are the only thing that I am good at growing at this point - and Sadie came outside with me. At one point I looked over to check on her and she had just sprawled out on the grass on her back with her hands behind her head... "just looking at the clouds, and at that airplane stream," she said. I thought it was so funny because her Great Grandpa used to do exactly that same thing... just lie down whenever the mood struck him. We used to think he had passed out or something - he was always scaring us, but he was also always "just resting."

Josie has started calling me "Mom" instead of Mommy. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It makes her sound so much more grown up! But I must admit that it's cute to hear her little elfish voice saying, "Okay, Mom. Sowwy, Mom. I do it, Mom. Pease, Mom?"

Tonight when I was putting on her PJ's, she threw a bit of a temper tantrum. Okay, a BIG temper tantrum.... I think it was a precursor for the terrible twos, and Oh My Goodness. She trembled. She screamed NOOOooooo in a fit of rage. She shook her head back and forth so hard that I thought her little neck would snap. Worst of all? She BALLED UP HER TINY FISTS and TRIED TO PUNCH ME!!! It took me so much by surprise that I found it hard not to laugh. Holy cow. What are we in for?