Sunday, August 05, 2007

Zooed Out, by Jim


On Wednesday, we went to the beach with Deanna. This was a big ordeal... I mean, we had our umbrella, our wagon, our cooler, our snacks and popsicles, our swimsuits and towels, our extra clothes, flip-flops, beach blanket, and a million other things. It was HOT. The beach was crowded, but we made our way to a deserted spot and set up camp. In less than 5 minutes, the kids were COVERED in sand. COVERED. Then they buried Deanna in the sand (she's such a good sport) and built a sand fort. We were there for almost 4 hours, and we had a really good time. I did have to clean sand out of every orifice of their bodies for the next two days, but I think it was worth it.

This weekend, my friend Amanda came to visit. I was SO excited, since it was the first time anyone from home had seen my house or anything (except Mama, of course). We had a GREAT time. She said that from the way I'd talked about it, she was surprised that our town had electricity. Hehee... I never realized that I came across that way, but she was pleasantly surprised. We hung out and spent a couple of hours in the bookstore on Friday night, and saw the following interesting books:

Today I Made Brownies and They Were Pretty Good by Jim
I Went to College and It Was Okay by Jim
I Got a Job and It Wasn't That Bad, also by Jim

After cracking up for a while over these literay masterpieces, we spent too much money, went to dinner, and had a great time reminiscing. Saturday we took the girls to the zoo and Sadie rode a camel... the sucker was TALL. Amanda, poised with her camera on the other side of the fence, called to Sadie: "Look at me, Sadie! Wave!" I yelled, "NOOOooo!!! Don't wave!!!" I was so scared she'd fall of the 11 foot high beast. She got some cute pictures, though. Amanda and Josie tracked a wild (coughing) tortoise, both the kids got hyped up on blue cotton candy and Icees, and we stayed there until we were completely zooed out. Our motto for the day? "We Came. We Saw. We Peed. We Left." Let's just say that Sadie had a little "incident" in the Rain Forest.