Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I'll Have the Bees...Gracias."

After taking a walk (while Sadie rode her bike and Josie pulled the wagon) and watching the clouds up in the sky, we came home and made supper while we listened to Josie's latest favorite song, "Thank you, God, for who I am... I don't need to be a superman!" She usually starts singing it right after she says thank you for anything... for example, I give her some chocolate milk and she says, "THANK YOU, GOD!" It's pretty stinking funny, if I just remember to tell her that I am NOT God, and it IS good to thank Him for everything.

That said, I just killed the seventh bee of the day. SEVENTH!!!! We apparently have an infestation of some sort, and they are all ending up in the kitchen. Melanie, you do NOT want to come here today. The kids find it all very fascinating... I guess it is pretty entertaining to watch me stalk the bee, line up the bee under my instrument of death (usually an envelope of some sort), smack the bee, squash the bee, and then go, "Oooh-ewww-ooh-eww" while jumping up and down. I hate that crunchy squooshing sound. Anyway, I don't know what the deal is, but Jesse's going to be spraying tomorrow, whether he likes it or not!! :)


Last night we went out to eat at the kids' favorite place... Mexican. Once there, Josie, who is two years old (as you probably know), said that she wanted (and I quote), "A Quesadilla, rice and beans, and cheese dip." Sadie added, "And nachos AND salsa. Gracias." Ay de mi. Josie flirted shamelessly with the waiters, and Sadie had a good old time climbing all over Grammy and wiping beans on her shirt.

Today, Deanna came over to play, and I thought both of them were going to burst from excitement when she got here. I was in the middle of changing Josie's diaper when I hear Sadie yelling from the kitchen, "She's here! Oh boy! Oh boy! Podie-odie okey-dokey! She's here! She's coming around the mountain!" Well, you couldn't fool Josie.... SHE knew who was here, and she started this low grumbly squeal deep in her throat... building as her whole body quivered with excitement, until she finally cut loose with this bloodcurdling scream of "DEANNA! I IN HERE! DEANNA! WHERE ARE YOU?" Then she takes off running as fast as her chubby legs could go. I didn't see them again for almost 2 hours... most of this time was spent hiding in my closet. All I heard were giggles, thumps, and muffled, "I hear the monster!" whispers from the other side of the door. I'm so glad they have Aunt Deanna! :)

The girls have been feasting on pinto beans for the past 3 days now. Great Grandma Genevieve sent them home with Grammy when she came back on Sunday. Sadie got up from bed a while ago and said, "Mommy, I could sure use a little bit of beans." She ate a whole bowlful, then asked for more. Then she sat back, rubbed her tummy, and said, "Ahhh. Great Grandma Genevieve sure does make the BEST beans." I don't know that I've mentioned this before, but she thinks HER middle name is Great Grandma Genevieve. hehee



Well, I must retire for the evening... 5 o'clock comes early, as my Daddy always says. I will be on the lookout (hear-out?) for telltale buzzing all night, needless to say.