Monday, May 19, 2008

9 More Days... 9 More Days

I am so miserable that I do not know what to do with myself. Yesterday at church, I had a sudden and unexpected allergy attack - my nose completely stopped up, my eyes started watering, I started coughing and sneezing - you know the drill. It intensified into a major headache, a low grade fever, a sore throat, throwing up, 2 amputated hands, and - oh, wait. The hands were a separate symptom... I CANNOT FEEL MY EITHER ONE OF MY HANDS. Add all this to the ginormous bowling ball attached to my belly, and you have one stinking miserable mama. I did not sleep at all last night. Again. I ended up coughing my head off while simultaneously anointing myself with Vicks Vaporub and half-heartedly watching "Sahara" with John Wayne. Jesse said when I did fall into a fitful sleep (for about 30 minutes) I only made weird moaning sounds like a dying chicken.

What can this mean, I wonder? Maybe it means that it's time to get this kid outta me! Sigh.

On a brighter note, my mom gave me a baby shower yesterday at her house, with the help of my sister-in-law. It was fun, even though I was kind of zoned out on doctor-allowed allergy medication, ie: stuff that was not very helpful. She had tons of food, and family and friends came over to wish us well and bring me cute outfits, diapers, wipes, and a fabulous gift certificate for a massage. Can't wait to redeem that one!