Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mariachi Socks

The other night when we were "belly painting" the goldfish bowl on the new baby, the girls were all crazy and excited and hopping all around. They spilled the cup of water, spilled some paint, and wreaked general havoc until Jesse got irritated and snapped at them to "Stop being so goofy!!!" Sadie stopped what she was doing, looked at me, and said, "Well, SOMEBODY's in a crabby mood."

Josie decided to wear her white and pink sparkly cowboy - excuse me, cowGIRL - boots to Sam's Club the other night (they LOVE Sam's Club... don't ask me why. I think it has something to do with Icees and Hot Dogs and Free Samples). She refused to pull her pants legs down on top of the boots, so we ended up stuffing them down inside of the boots, at which point she said, "Hey! I look like the Mariachi Band!"

Sadie, who was also supposed to be getting ready to go to Sam's Club at this time, said, "I am a grown-up. I am bigger than Josie, and I go to meetings (?) and so I am a grown-up. Hey! I am grown up now and I can take care of myself. Now, Mommy, will you please help me put on my socks?"

Last night, Josie and I had special Mommy-Josie time, and she got to take a bath all by herself. She thinks that's the best thing ever... which I guess makes sense when you've spent most of your life being forced to always take a bath with your big sister! Then we read 6 books (ending up with her old favorite, Goodnight Moon) and snuggled in the rocking chair. She said that she will still be my baby even when I have another baby. But she will also be the big sister! Tonight, we had special Mommy-Sadie time, and we just sat in the rocking chair and talked and read "Gulliver Mickey." She said that she wasn't worried about the new baby coming... she wants it to sleep in the bed with her when it gets big enough. She also said that she thinks God gave her to me first because she is such a good helper. :) I think she's probably right.