Thursday, January 21, 2010

Made It!

Last weekend when we went to Chicago for the weekend (to stay with Norm & Deb and to get my new brace for my back issues) Sadie and Josie spent the whole weekend with Grandma. They had a great time. Well, the kids did, anyway. I think Grandma was pretty worn out by the end of the weekend, and who could blame her? They are high energy/high maintenance kids! They finished reading The Wizard of Oz, went to see the Princess and the Frog movie with Lydia, visited Aunt Cindy, helped cook, played in the playroom, slept in the Princess and the Pea bed, and generally had a good old time. Grandma Beth told me that on Monday morning, Josie came downstairs - crazy-haired and sleepy-eyed - and said, "Well, Grandma, I made it through THREE WHOLE DAYS without my mommy or my daddy." Grandma said, "Would you like to go snuggle in my bed?" Josie replied, "No, that's okay. I just wanted to tell you. I'll go back to my bed now."