Saturday, February 20, 2010

UGHS and Kisses

Shown here, you will see evidence of what I like to call "Valentine Overkill"... I got the girls little gifts that Jesse didn't know I got and so HE got them stuff I didn't know HE got, plus they got stuff from TWO grammies AND money in fancy cards from Papaw and Mamaw!!! They LOVED all the special surprises and they felt really LOVED. :)

So, after Jesse and I finally got to go on our "date night," (we didn't count the Sweetheart Supper because I didn't sit down for most of the night :) I got food poisoning. That's right: FOOD POISONING. Jesse thinks it was the stomach flu, but it only last for about 24 miserable hours and no one else got it, so I'm pretty sure it was FP brought about by eating some wilty leftover salad from our "date night" the night before. UGH. It was AWFUL. Let's just say I may never eat spinach artichoke dip again. The kids were so cute and helpful and concerned. They kept coming to my door, knocking, and sticking their heads in to see if I needed anything... just to check on me. How sweet! The next day after Jesse went to work and I was feeling as though I had been hit by a truck, Sadie and Josie did their best to take care of Adelaide for me while I pitifully lounged on the couch, sipping Sprite and water (brought to me by Sadie) and nibbling crackers (proffered by Josie). It was a horrible couple of days, but I was very proud to see that my girls have definite nurturing instincts and they are somewhat selfless when it comes to helping those in need -- namely, me!