Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, the horror!

Sadie is cutting her 6-year molars. Unbeknownst to ME, never having HAD a six year old before, older children who are teething are just as crabby and whiny and tired as babies who are teething. I guess it makes sense; I just never thought about it before. So for three days, she's been running a low-grade fever and she's been really tired - sleeping in until almost 10am, which is unheard of! She doesn't want to eat anything, and she who is normally helpful and easy to please has been a super drama diva. For instance: Yesterday, she wanted to wear her purple frilly fancy two-piece skirt outfit to play in outside. I said no, she needed to wear play clothes. She proceeded to cry and moan, and say that it wasn't fair, that she was going to go naked or stay inside all day, and then she actually (I am not kidding) put the back of her forearm to her forehead and SWOONED backward onto her bed, yelling and saying things like, "I can't help it! It's not my fault! I'm not trying to be mean! It's my TOOTH! IT'S MY TOOTH'S FAULT! It's my... it's my... SIX YEAR MOLAR!" Oh my goodness. I am so looking forward to adolescence.