Monday, August 02, 2010

Who did Who did Who did Who did

So last week, Jesse the Wonderdad took Sadie and Josie and went BY HIMSELF to our church's big Bible School downstate for the week. Adelaide and I ended up joining them 3 days later, but apparently, he was like Super Dad the whole time we weren't there. I had at least 5 different people tell me what a great job he did with them, not including those two - they told me he spoiled them like crazy and let them drink pop once a day AND eat ice cream sandwiches!

Adelaide, my mom, and I went on Wednesday for my "big ultrasound." The good news is, everything looks great as far as the baby being healthy... the heart, the brain, the lungs, the kidneys, etc. were all in perfect shape. The not so good news is that the baby was keeping its little legs crossed and we could not tell for sure if it's a boy (as the doctor THINKS it is according to my 18 week ultrasound) or a girl. I was disappointed because I really wanted to firm things up and get psyched up for whatever he or she is! Plus there's always The Great Name Debate to contend with. Anyway, after the ultrasound, Adelaide and I rode to Bible School (about a 3 hour trip) with a couple from our church and their teenage son, whom Adelaide dubbed "The Kid" and/or "Children" (his name is "Chandler"). She proceeded to talk NON-STOP for the ENTIRE trip. I am not kidding. I never really notice just how MUCH she talks until I'm with people that aren't around her that much... then I kind of "hear her through their ears." Sheesh. The kid was unstoppable. They especially enjoyed her weird growling voice and when she said, "I will eat you!" to Chandler. She is such a goof.

We had fun at Bible School, once we FINALLY got there. I was happy that pretty much everything we had to eat looked good to me (I was afraid I might starve to death there, what with no slushies and all :). The girls made lots of new friends, including some "big kids," which is what they call teenagers. They were especially enamored of Sean, Emily, Chloe, and Conner. They both also really liked a little girl named Erin (from Georgia, I think), and they thoroughly enjoyed their classes about prophets. Sadie made a little Jonah doll that is so cute, and Adelaide and Josie made tons of crafts in their classes... Josie volunteered to stay and help Adelaide so she "wouldn't be scared." Jesse took them swimming 3 or 4 times, and both Sadie AND Josie WENT OFF THE HIGH DIVE. This was very scary for old mommmy here, but they did it like it was nothing!

The week ended with a great presentation of a Jonah musical play and all three girls dressed up like tiny little Ninevites and sang, "Who did, who did, who did, who did, who did swallow Jo Jo Jo Jo...." Now the song is stuck in all of our heads!