Monday, October 18, 2010

Cryin'

I'm having some serious hormonal issues. I don't know if it's because we didn't get to go to NC last week like we were supposed to or because I'm so hugely pregnant, or what, but it's kind of ridiculous. For instance, today I started crying when I was trying to get them ready for naps. I just gave Sadie a hug and suddenly realized how big she is now. I actually had flashbacks of when she was a little baby! Time is going by too fast. Same thing happened with Josie when I went in to tuck her in for her nap. I sang her the little song I made up... Please stay little, just a little while longer...don't grow up too fast... Please stay little, just a little while longer... I want these moments to last. Sigh. I can't believe how fast the time is going by. Even Adelaide, my baby girl, is getting huge now. Speaking in complete (and numerous) sentences all the time... wanting to do everything herself. She really needs a haircut but I'm afraid to cut it because I KNOW she'll look so much older! I don't think I can take it!

On top of this, I've been thinking about the fact that this is the last time I'll be pregnant. And while I've suffered LOTS of morning sickness, bachaches, terrible carpal tunnel, and numerous other maladies, the payoff is always huge! I will miss the feeling of life growing inside me, and knowing that God is knitting a baby together in my womb. I will miss the feeling of anticipation, and the counting down the days, and the waiting to meet the brand new little person that's going to come out! I will miss the punching and the kicking and the watching my giant belly move around like a big rolling earthquake, the changes that happen daily... though not the big feet and the "pregnant nose." And definitely not the numb hands and aching arms!

While in some ways I am most definitely ready to have baby number 4 (and final) and get on with life and figure out our routines and get things settled and on an even keel - as much as you can have that with 4 little kids - I am still wondering if I will have a bit of a let down, you know, like after your wedding is over? You're always happy and glad it's over with, but there's sort of a letdown too, since the "big event" is over and you're moving on to life as usual.