Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yay.

I am so annoyed right now that I can hardly think straight. Not that I could think straight anyway, since I am now a mother of four. I seriously think that having Jedidiah has pushed me over the edge. Not that he's a lot of trouble, exactly. He's the sweetest, most content little cutie I've just about ever seen (in addition to my girls, that is), but just the sheer magnitude of being resposible for four other people is taking its toll on me. I literally look like I've aged 10 years in the past 2 years. People keep telling me that it will reverse and I'll start looking better in a year or so, but I'm geting a little concerned. When someone says that I look like my mom now, I don't know whether to take it as a compliment (she's a beautiful woman) or an insult (she is 57). I think maybe they think I look as old as her, too.

So let's take all of this - four little kids at home, two of them trying to homeschool, which is a huge project in and of itself, a two year old who talks INCESSANTLY and who is also trying to get herself potty-trained, a three month old who is nursing (which I love, but which also takes up a good 4 hours of my day), and a house that is in perpetual need of cleaning, endless mountains of dirty clothes that tower to the roof of my laundry room, a body that feels like it's been hit by a truck - wait, maybe I should say 'filled with jelly' and THEN hit by a truck - debilitating headaches caused by post-partum hypertension, and generally a life that is pretty much off the rails right now - let's take all that, and how about, let's say, how about we add a BRAND NEW PUPPY? Doesn't that sound like a great idea?

I couldn't actually come out and say NO like I wanted to, because that would make MOMMY the bad guy, now wouldn't it? He had already told the girls about the puppy... already put a deposit down on the puppy... you get the picture. I was counting on him "reading between the lines" but apparently he is illiterate in that sense.