Saturday, June 25, 2011

Camp

This week Sadie and Josie went to Junior Sports Camp at a park close to our house. Other than Safety Town, it was the first time they'd ever been left ALONE by me with people that I don't know. Let me just say that I was somewhat of a nervous wreck when I left there on the first day. I must've told them twenty times not to leave their class for ANY reason... to stay WITH their class at ALL times... to ONLY talk to their teacher and counselors and fellow campers. Still, when I drove away, leaving them there with their canteens, their sunscreen, their bugspray, their t-shirts, their shorts, and their tennis shoes, it was hard. I turned back to look at them, standing there on the sidelines of the soccer field, holding hands, and I felt an actual ache in my heart. Silly, I know. But still!