Thursday, September 27, 2012

Halloweenie

Adelaide, who is four, is like the best possible 4 year old that she can be. She talks funny (and cutely). She mixes things up that crack me up all the time. She makes me laugh every single day. She says "You're opposed to do this" and "You're not opposed to do that." She grabs me around the neck at bedtime and squeezes and says, "I'm not letting go." And even though I'm super tired and really DONE for the day and ready for some Mommy time, I realize that I don't really ever WANT her to let go.

The other night we were looking for some Yoda ears and some Leia hairbuns for our Halloween costumes (we have since made our own). We ended up in the Halloween store and Adelaide was even more petrified than I thought she would be. I NEVER should've taken her into that store, but I remembered taking Josie when she was about the same age, and she thought the whole thing was great (and even funny). Of course, I have to keep reminding myself that Josie is not your typical child.

Anyway, we went into the store (Jedidiah was home with Dad) and Adelaide immediately was not impressed. The further we got into the store, the less she liked it. Josie was fascinated with all the creepy zombie babies, Sadie gazed in digust at the wicked witch and the hacked up Dorothy lying in the bed next to her, and Adelaide screamed her head off and catapulted herself into my arms when Sadie inadvertently stepped on a sign that read "STEP HERE" and a giant spider jumped out at them.

Sadie and Josie took good care of her from there on out. Sadie even carried her on her back till we got to the car and Josie covered her eyes. They even both sat in the backseat with her in the middle and told her how there's nothing to be afraid of.

Adelaide, nonplussed, has this to say about the matter, "Well, do you know that Halloween store? That scary Halloween store? Yeah, well, I am never going in THERE again. You can just forget it."