Monday, November 19, 2012

Be assertive

A friend of ours from church sent us this really cool song called "God and Dog" about the similarities between God's love and your dog's love. It honestly almost made me cry AND it even made me like Roscoe better too. Well, Josie, taking after her father and her Weird Al penchant, took the part of the song that says "I look up and I see God, I look down and see my dog...." sang her own version: "I look up and see a bird, I look down and see a turd." Great.

A few weeks ago Sadie wanted some fish from Long John Silvers but all of the kids were in the car and I told her she would have to go in by herself while I watched her through the window from the car. I've been trying to teach them to look people in the eyes and to be assertive. Not rude or demanding, just assertive. I told her to say, "Hello, I would like some fish please!" She and Josie cracked the heck up and now every time I tell them to be assertive, they talk in a funny accent and say realllly loudly, "HELLO, MY NAME IS SADIE! MAY I HAVE SOME FISH PLEASE!?"

I was cleaning the bathroom upstairs and I was holding Snoopy in my other hand. When Sadie walked by and saw me, she said, "Hey! Nobody puts Snoopy in a toilet!" Right. And nobody puts Baby in a corner either.

Jedidiah has started turning his little hands palms up and humming the "I don't know" sound. It's so cute when I ask him something - he looks around and says "I don't know."