Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy to you!

Sadie is now in the habit of making "cakes" out of blocks, or anything else she can find, and putting make believe candles on them. Then she carries them, very carefully, up to me or Jesse or Deanna, or whoever else she wants to treat at the moment, and says, "Happy to you! Happy to you!" It's the cutest thing ever.

Josie now has her two bottom teeth. It was the weirdest thing: she went down for a nap last Saturday with no teeth, then woke up with two. Now she's constantly sticking her tongue up, out, down, and all around, trying to figure out what the heck those things are in there. I can almost hear her..."Mom! I have a growth! Mom!" :) This kid has the longest tongue I've ever seen. She can literally curl it up and almost touch her nose. You'd think that I had an affair with Steven Tyler or something, heehee. I honestly don't know where this gene came from - one of her great grandparents must have had that one or something. It's like a sssss-snake!

As for me, I've been super-hormonal for the past two days... you know the story: yelling for no reason, crying for no reason, wanting to punch my husband for no reason... does anyone else have these issues?? Honestly, these hormone things are like the plaque. Haha! I mean, PLAGUE. (I wish I could just brush or floss them away, but that's not working too well, and it kind of hurts when I try :) Plus, a Hormone Dentist? Yikes; what kind of scary tools would that guy be using? Pardon me, I digress.

New joke from my friend Melissa (also a displaced Southerner like me):
Did you hear about the fire at the circus? It was intense.

Yes!!! This has the makings of another one of my favorite jokes. I'm all about the wordplays. Oh, and if you didn't get it, read it out loud. This cracks me up, almost as much as the infamous pretzel joke (see previous posts if you missed that little beauty!).

One more - this one is from "The Mitford Series" by Jan Karon - she lives in Blowing Rock and wrote this great Christian fiction series that makes me feel less homesick...

"An old man and an old woman were sitting on their front porch in the afternoon heat. She said to him, "I sure would like an ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce and nuts." He said, "That sounds good! I'll go down to the store and get us one." She said, "Maybe you should write it down; you're awfully forgetful these days!" After assuring her that he wouldn't forget, he leaves for the store and gets back about an hour later, carrying a paper bag containing two ham sandwiches. He hands it to her and she says, "SEE!? I TOLD you you'd forget!! I wanted MUSTARD on mine!"

Hardy har har - That one got me too. My grandpa would've loved that joke.