Friday, February 03, 2006

You Eat It.


Tonight at dinner, we had spinach. Sadie usually likes spinach, but tonight when I tried to give her a spoonful, she said, "I don't like it." Just like that. A total and complete sentence, out of the blue, and she's not even two. I love it. Anyway, after that, I said, "Yes, you do. You love spinach," and I tried again to get her to eat it. I even tried the old airplane trick, which I never resort to. Finally, she looks straight at me and says, "YOU eat it." Man, that kid cracks me up. She was right, I wasn't eating mine, either.

Yesterday, it was nice out, so we went for a walk with the double stroller. Jesse and I got it at a great deal from my friend Chastity (she has twins, but couldn't use the front/back stroller because one of her boys was always getting kicked in the back of the head!). It's a great stroller, but it's so stinkin' hard to push. I feel like I'm steering a semi- half the time. I guess part of the problem could be that I have gargantuan children. Josie weighs 20 pounds already. We just put her in the "Johnny-Jump-Up" swing that hangs from the doorway, but it makes me very nervous because I always visualize her heft yanking the doorcasing right off.

Anyway, back to the walk. I guess I had crammed the stroller in the back of the van too hard or slammed the door on it or something, because the back seat (where Josie always sits) wouldn't go back. Well, she can't sit up straight yet, so I had to put Sadie back there and put Josie in the front, which would recline. This did not go over well with Miss Sadie. She had this sour look on her face the whole time we were walking, like she had been banished to Siberia or something ("Aren't I a little old for this, Mommy?"). Josie, on the other hand, thought the front was GREAT. She cooed and laughed and kicked her feet constantly. I guess I'm going to have to start making them take turns in the "good" seat.

Positive for the day: I have lost 15, count 'em, FIFTEEN pounds!!! Yahoo!
Negative for the day: Sadie somehow yanked a can of buttercream frosting out of the pantry which bopped her on the head. She then went around crying and yelling, "Boo boo! Boo boo! Hurts! Ow-wee! Where is Snoopy? I need Snoopy!" for about fifteen minutes.

P.S. Melanie, it's 9:09.