Friday, January 20, 2006

I Believes it, Now That I Don't Sees It

Well, after much deliberation and discussion (good ones with my mother-in-law Beth and my good friend Brian, others with Jesse telling me that I'm nuts) I have come to the conclusion that the "thing" I saw in Josie's room was undoubtedly her very own guardian angel. The reasoning is this: After reading my Bible through twice in the past two years (and I'm starting on it again this year) I have found no reason to believe in actual "ghosts, or evil spirits," or whatever. I have come to believe that the "demons and evil spirits" in the Bible are sicknessness and diseases from which Jesus healed people (this comes from much study and also reading original Greek/Hebrew words that have been translated into the English). Becuase of this, I just don't think it could have been anything like evil incarnate, even though it scared me.

Enough about that, though... if you want to know more about what I think about that, just email me and I'll tell you. Back to the subject at hand. I realize that when angels appear to people in the Bible, usually the first thing they say is something like, "Don't be afraid." And why would they say that if people weren't scared out of their wits when they first saw them? So apparently, angels must be scary, at least at first. Maybe it's nothing more than the fear of the unknown, but that's a big fear! So the creepiness I felt when I first saw this thing was only normal. Now I'm thinking that it was a GOOD thing. Josie had a guardian angel, right in her room! Watching over her while she's sleeping! I mean, every night I pray for God to watch over them, but I never really thought that I'd see actual proof that He is. Wow.