Saturday, January 07, 2006

Saturdays: A Time for Cleaning, Sweating, and Being Generally Irritated

Today, Jesse was in a horrible mood. Therefore, I morphed into a bad mood myself. I just can't seem to be around irritable people without sponging it up myself. That's a bad characteristic to have. Just call me "SpongeDevone Kick-You-In-the-Pants." Anywho, today I took it upon myself to purge my - dun-dun, DUN - MAKEUP DRAWER! Someone please remind me that I never need to buy foundation again. Ever. Seriously. You'd think my face was as big as a Roulette wheel or something. Sadie helped... or as you could probably imagine, Sadie helped herself to my lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner. By the time she was finished, she looked like Elton John, late for church after a trip up White Oak Mountain.

Good news: I have lost 5 pounds. Bad news: I am starving. I found out that I have high cholesterol!!! Apparently, it is inherited. They want to put me on drugs, but I am determined to beat it by diet alone. We shall see. I am a bit stubborn, I've been told. But I don't believe it and I NEVER WILL!!! Hahaha. The sweating is coming up now... I'm headed to the treadmill. I just can't help but feel like a hamster on that thing. It probably doesn't help that sometimes I eat string cheese while I'm on there. I also watch "Dr.Phil" as I run. I love Dr.Phil. I guess you either love him or you hate him, but he's my hero. I guess I'm just desperate to hear someone say, "That dog don't hunt," and around here, he's my only hope. Sigh... I miss home. :)

So here is a new, improved picture of Sarah, since she hates the other one, although I found it to be altogether lovely. She is, shall we say, a bit on the picky side. I have no idea where she gets this, especially since her brother (that would be Jesse) could not care less about what he looks like - many of you have met the self-proclaimed "Plaid Man," and can vouch for me on this. Anyway, here you go, Sarah... this one's for you.

Sarah does this amazing thing with paper plates. It's a crazy ab-workout thing. You put your toes on the paper plates, act like you're doing a push-up, and then slide your feet all over the place. It works: Sarah has a 6 pack. I tried it: I have carpet burn on the end of my nose. LOL.



This picture is Sadie's famous "Hitler Moustache" picture. She stole a magic marker when I wasn't looking and drew this on herself. I love it. Doesn't she look like a meanie? She cracks me up. My mom told me that this is the exact same face that I make. I don't know what she's talking about. Am I not always perfectly pleasant and wonderful to be around?! :)