Monday, April 03, 2006

Care-Line-A

Why doesn't someone just go ahead and rip my heart out and stomp on it? Tonight, as Sadie was saying her prayers, she said, "God bless Mamaw, and Papaw. Mommy, need see Papaw now. Need see Papaw and Mamaw and Grammie Poopsie, and Cameron. And goats, and cow - feed cow with bottle with Papaw! Cow poop! Papaw - cow poop, with leaves! (he covered up cow poop with leaves as they were feeding the baby cow last time we went to NC). Need see Grammie! Need feed birds with Grammie... come and get it, birds! Mommy, get in car. Go Care-line-a. Get my shoes on." I'm telling you, it was heart-wrenching. I had to kiss her , turn off the light, and leave the room so I wouldn't start bawling all over the place and scare her. It's one thing for ME to be homesick, but when a two year old is homesick with absolutely no prompting from anyone, it's time for a visit. For Pete's sake.