Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Evil Twin

I've been trying to deny it, but I think I may be the mother of a strong willed child. Josie's personality is almost the opposite of what Sadie's was when she was 9 months old... I'm afraid to admit it, but *whisper* Josie is exactly like me! What I mean is, she's all loving and cute and adorable and friendly one minute, and the next minute something ticks her off (ie: I won't let her eat plastic. I won't let her eat my cell phone. I won't let her eat styrofoam. I won't let her eat wet wipes. I won't let her eat her diaper.) and she shakes her fists, stiffens up, arches her back, throws her head back, and screams her little lungs out. She can throw a real, honest-to-goodness temper tantrum. It's scary. I've always joked about how Sadie is Jesse's clone, but yipes... I may have one, too! Funny things that happened today: Sadie wanted more cheese at supper, and I told her that she'd had enough. She replied, "Eat more cheese. Me eat cheese ALL DAY LONG!" Through the baby monitor, I heard Josie wake up from her nap, say "duh, duh, duh, doh, doh, duh" like she was counting, and start kicking her little legs like she was riding a bike... this makes her crib mattress go squeaky-squeaky-squeaky-squeaky over and over. It's funny to hear it, but not as funny to type it. :) Lastly, I totally slammed the top of my thigh right into the sharp corner of my keyboard tray as I was getting up, and instead of yelling or shouting obscenities (which you all know I really try not to ever do), I said, "Now , that's a pain that's gonna linger." LOL - hopefully, some of you know my old friend Ed Grimley, and you can appreciate that little tidbit.