Thursday, April 13, 2006

What is Your Emergency?

Tonight, Mama kept the girls while I went to choir practice. When I called to check on them, she informed me that Josie had called 911. Keep in mind that Josie is not yet 9 months old. I was a bit confused.... But apparently, the cordless phone was on the floor and Josie picked it up and started playing with it. She hit/bit a few buttons, then Mama took it from her and turned it off. Less than a minute later, it rang. "This is the emergency operator. What is your emergency?" Mama said, "Huh?" "Someone from this number called 911, ma'am." "Oh!! I guess the baby dialed it accidently." "Nonetheless, ma'am, an officer is on his way." SO... my child already has the police at our house, and she's not even 1 yet. Sheesh. Between the police and the Poison Control Hotline, I'm going to be on all kinds of child-protection lists. :)