Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Bushel and a Peck

Well, it's been a week, and I think I have gotten over the injustice suffered last week at the hands of the American public. No, I'm not talking about the political appointments as of late... if you're a regular reader, you know what I'm talking about! By the way, SOME people have voiced some criticism of my favorite show (excepting Dr. Phil, of course)... I won't name any names, but I will say this: I think it's better to sit at home with my dog and watch a hyped up version of Star Search than to be out doing numerous other things, like, oh, say, getting a nose ring!!! :) Enough of that, though. I digress. Bad news: I have seriously fallen off the diet wagon since my killer death stomach flu a couple of weeks ago. I guess I was just making up for lost time, eating-wise. Good news: I climbed (albeit with some huffing and puffing and overall exertion) back onto the diet wagon yesterday, even dusting the treadmill off late last night. Funny things that happened over the past week: Jesse was in charge of the Mother's Day dinner at church, and they did various kinds of entertainment, which was fun. Sadie kept saying, "Me want microphone. Me want sing in microphone like Mommy." I finally took her up front to "sing" in front of 70+ people, figuring that she would just get all shy and clam up once we were there. Boy, was I in for a surprise! She sang, "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck..." She filled in the whole chorus while holding the microphone... she was a pro! I, on the other hand, got so tickled that she was actually DOING it that I couldn't stop laughing. It was the cutest thing EVER! When she was done (amidst thunderous applause) she said, "Thank you, thank you so much." And then she looked at me and said, "Me did it! Me did it!... Me want sing again, Mommy." I think we may have a born performer here. Josie spent almost the entire evening hamming it up with one of the older ladies at church - having a great time. She has started squealing and squeeking and sniffing and generally just finding her "voice." I'm telling you - with those cheeks, coupled with the chubby hand clapping - she is so cute that it hurts to look at her. My eyes! My eyes!!