Friday, July 14, 2006

Awww

I don't have time to write much... it is the weekend of the wedding and Bible School prep, but I had to record this for posterity:

On the way home from the rehearsal tonight (Sadie is going to be one of the flower girls, along with her cousin Teagan), Sadie and Josie finally stopped crying. They were both more than pooped from a week of crazy preparation, all kinds of company, and bad colds/no appetite/fitful sleeping. They were sitting quietly in the backseat for a minute, and then Sadie sighs and says, "I'm happy, Mommy." Surprised, I said, "I'm glad... but why are you happy?" She said, "Because I love you." As if that weren't enough to stir my heart, Josie pipes up and says, "Ohhhh, Mama," like she was agreeing. It was the sweetest thing.

In other news, I finally got the MRI done yesterday - the right way this time - and I had my follow-up visit this morning. No surgery, which is good, but apparently I just have "loose joints." No, I'm not talking about illegal substances rolling around in my purse... :) He said that all of my joints are loose. I'm in for a lifetime of physical therapy and pain medicine that they give to arthritis patients. I must say, it's somewhat discouraging. I was hoping for a shot or a quick fix of some sort... not something like PT that will take up even more time that I don't have. Sigh.

Is everyone watching the war in Israel as closely as I am? I am glued to the TV. This can only mean one thing! To be continued....