Monday, July 17, 2006

My Girls... Talkin' 'Bout My Girls


This is us at my cousin's wedding... finally, a cute picture of the three of us! Nobody's crying! Oh wait... I was crying right before this because I was watching a slide show about my little cousin growing up (*sniff) and now she's old and married! Oh, well, who cares? With 3 females, someone is always bound to be crying over something.

Funny things that happened:
Today, in the bathtub, Sadie put her foot into her toy boat and said, "Look at me! I have a boatshoe!" I found this to be hilarious, and so did Josie. Josie also figured out that bathwater (we call it "bootywater") is yummy to drink. She scoops it up in her little yellow cup, chugs it, snorts and chokes, and then goes, "Heh-heh-heh!"

She has also figured out that screaming is the way to get what she wants... this is a problem, since I cannot stand the screaming. Don't get me wrong... usually, she's a very sweet, cuddly, fun-loving little chunky baby. But, man! When she gets mad, it's just a disaster. It really reminds me of myself. It's scary. Also, Sadie is becoming a bonafied hypochondriac. For a week now, she's been saying, "Me don't feel good. My head hurts. My tummy hurts. Me need go to the doctor. Me need a vitamin. I need medicine. Me need to take my temperature. I just need to hold you, 'cause me don't feel good, Mommy." Sheesh. Also, reminding me of myself. I certainly hope they get some of my good qualities, too! (Although I can't think of any at the moment....)

So, I'm right in the middle of our Bible School... today was the first day, and it wasn't nearly as much of a disaster as we anticipated. It was actually somewhat fun. Sadie and Josie had a good time, although by the end, they were definitely past due for naps. So was I, for that matter.

Then, I had to run home, change clothes, scarf down lunch, and head to work. Same thing the rest of the week, except for Wednesday. Wednesday, I have to fit our house closing (gasp!) in between Bible School and work. You may ask, "How does she do it?" The answer is, "Heck if I know." :)