Monday, July 24, 2006

The Incredible Bulk

Funny things: Sadie said, "Mommy, give me my book. Oh, Mommy, I can't see without my glasses!" Hmm. I wonder which grandparent she's been listening to! Also, this afternoon, Josie had a little meltdown, and Sadie actually grabbed her own chest and said, "Oh, Josie, you're breakin' my heart!"

Josie's First Birthday party was yesterday. It was a big event! We had lots of people over, and she had cupcake balloons, her very own "smash cake," and lots of fun presents! Of course, she really couldn't care less about opening the presents. I had to keep grabbing her by the legs and dragging her back to my lap so I could force her to open them. She wanted to eat paper. Period. It was fun, though, and the highlight was definitely the cake! The smash cake was a yellow smiley face with a big green icing nose... she went for the nose first. She smushed it into her mouth and then proceeded to smear it ALL over her face, up her nose, in her ears, and then I guess her head started itching because it wound up there, too. Her Aunt Cindy and I ended up taking her straight to the bathtub. Apparently, icing is made of pure lard, because she was as slick as a greased pig (as we say in the South) when I tried to pick her up. Also, the water had a definite greenish tint when we were done. It was a good day :)

The good news is, I'm feeling better. The bad news is, Jesse is sick now. We just keep on passing it around and around. We're beginning work on the house now, so we have to get up to speed healthwise, for Pete's sake.

These are pictures from Aunt Lyd's wedding... Sadie was one of the flower girls, and Josie was just cute :) Last of all, I can't remember if I ever wrote this down or not, so here is the song that Sadie's grandpa made up to sing to her:

"Rock-a-bye, baby, in the treetops...
Hiding in the limbs, away from the cops...
I never should have taken that candy from the store...
If they'll forgive me, I'll steal no more!"

This is a source of constant entertainment for him, and for others! (I had to teach Sadie the real words, but now she thinks the other ones are the real ones :)