Monday, August 14, 2006

Turkey in the Sand

Josie has started wagging her head back and forth, just to be cute. It's not exactly nodding, not exactly shaking. I guess it's kind of a miniature "Stevie Wonder" move. Whatever it is, she knows it's funny, so she's doing it all the time now.

Today when I told Sadie it was time for lunch, she yelled, "But I already just ate!" When I insisted that it was lunchtime, she finally gave in and said, "Okay, Mommy. Well, I guess I can eat just a little bit of food." Then her grandpa asked if she wanted to go to Walmart with him and she said no. A little while later, when we were playing outside, he came out to leave. She said, "Bye, Grandpa!" Then, as he pulled out the driveway, she put her hands on her hips and said, "But I want to go to Walmart with Grandpa! Come back, Grandpa! Come back!" So, I called him and told him... and of course, he came back to get her.

While I was putting her shoes on, she said, "I love Grandpa. I love Papaw and Mamaw and Rudy (their dog) too. But they're at their house." It makes me sad and happy at the same time, just to know that she thinks about them.

When I strapped her into her carseat, we found out that she had ulterior motives... she informed us that she expected an Icee while she was at Walmart.

Now, I must go and undo the damage that Sadie wreaked on Josie in the sandbox. She poured a whole bucket on Josie's head while I wasn't looking! Josie thought it was funny... but I didn't!