Monday, September 11, 2006

Peace, Yo!

So, I'm packing boxes and taking them to the house 4 or 5 at a time now. Sadie is trying to "help" me pack... this means that she dumps all her books, recently folded clothes, toys, my purse, etc. into any random box and says, "I'm helping you, Mommy! Take this to my new house!"

They saw their new rooms today... Josie's is a pale, pale, green color that will be SO cute with the "bug" theme that I'm planning on doing. Sadie's is periwinkle beadboard... she's all excited about it, because we're going to put stars on her ceiling. She's all about the stars.

Did I mention that Deanna taught her to hold up her hand, point three fingers downward and say, "Peace, yo!" Yeah. That's what my two year old is running around saying these days, along with, "I'm growing up so fast, Mommy! I'm growing up every day!" Don't remind me, kid... don't remind me.

Josie has started a virtual language explosion. In the past few days, she has said: cookie, blankie, bird, cracker, thank you, cheese, more, Sadie, foot, Papaw, Banana, okay, and mine! She was a little slow on the uptake, but now she's making up for lost time. She's still not walking... but she's burning rubber with the crawling. Mama got them a one of those little plastic egg cars, and Josie's obsessed with it. I think she's thinking, "Why walk, when I can drive?"

I just finished "Seabiscuit," by Laura Hillenbrand. It's got to be the best nonfiction book I have ever read. I think they should teach it in high school. Loved it, loved it!