Monday, October 23, 2006

What's That Smell?

The other night we sat down for supper and Sadie stops, looks around, wrinkles her nose and says, "Hmm. I smell Pepsi."

Today, Josie singlehandedly opened the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and proceeded to climb up to the top at fast as she could, while looking over her shoulder and laughing. This is not good!

Last night, nobody got ANY sleep. First, Sadie woke up crying around 1:00am and ended up in bed with us. Next, Josie started screaming intermittently, and I was up and down, up and down, going into her room to rock her. This went on for hours. Around 4am, I put her back down and went to bed again. I was almost asleep when I heard this horrible, awful, scary weeping, wailing, and howling from upstairs. I cannot tell you exactly how erie and creepy it was, but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Jesse and Sadie both woke up and heard it, too.... I was frozen for a minute, just listening... it was like a banshee! I'm ashamed to say that I was scared to go upstairs. I'm such a weenie. I finally picked up the phone and called Mama's cell phone - it took a long time for her to answer, and I was almost ready to go upstairs to make sure she wasn't dying, even though I was creeped out. Finally, she picked up and she was all out of breath. She said she'd had a nightmare and her heart was pounding... I guess she'd woken herself up screaming. Anyway, she wouldn't tell me what the dream was - she said she didn't want to talk about it. THEN, she asked me to make sure that all the doors were locked. So I was totally freaked out. I was sure she dreamed that someone was trying to axe murder all of us, so of course I couldn't go back to sleep. I was up all night. I think I slept two hours last night. Good grief. I'm going to bed now - after I check all the doors. :)