Monday, November 27, 2006

After Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone... we had everyone over at our house, and we had a really good time. This house is great for gatherings... but not so much fun to clean up! Luckily, my mom and my mother-in-law pitched in since I had to go to bed at the same time the kids did (I worked retail on "Black Friday!"). We had a relatively good holiday weekend... we got almost all of our shopping for Christmas done, and industrious little ole' me wrapped it all, so now maybe we can enjoy the month of December!

Josie is walking faster and faster every day. Jesse calls her his little Frankenstein (or "Franken-bean," as I prefer) because she stomps her feet so hard and she still walks pretty stiffly... she's still not that sure of herself. I know how she feels! Walking is hard. When I get to the kingdom, I'm definitely going to ask God why He chose bi-pedal locamotion for us. Sometimes I stop and think, we must all look so funny to the rest of the planet - walking around on two legs and everything. Anyway, I digress.

Sadie is SO excited over Christmas... every time we pass Christmas lights or decorations in someone's yard she yells, "Did you see THAT, DADDY??" And then she'll say, "Oh, that is so BEAUTIFUL!" Everything is beautiful these days. That's a nice change! :)

We started getting out Christmas stuff last night... the kids only broke 3 or 4 things... I miraculously didn't even care. The longer I have kids, the less material things seem to matter to me. Throw up on my clothes? Who cares? Broken china? Big deal. Purple marker on my cheek? Fashion statement. Sheesh. I have changed! I have somehow become a totally different person in a 2 year time frame.

I am now going to work on our yearly newsletter... by some stretch of the imagination, I think that I'm going to be sending it out in December. Hah. That's my joke for the day! :)