Thursday, November 16, 2006

Eww

Yesterday, I took the kids to the doctor while Jesse went to his own doctor appointment. Let me reiterate that it has not been a fun time around this house lately! So, the girls were both sitting up on the exam room table, shirts off, ready to roll. The doctor comes in and Sadie says, "Hello, Doctor. Are you going to check my ears?" The doctor looks at me, somewhat surprised, and says, "She's two? She speaks awfully well for two." Sadie goes on to say, "Now you need to check for my heartbeat with your steth-o-scope." Now, THAT one even surprised me! Apparently, she picked up that word from Papaw reading "Fozzie Bear Goes to the Doctor." The bad news... they both have double ear infections. The good news... they are on antibiotics now and have stopped screaming non-stop.

Grammie put Josie's hair up in a little palm tree/Alfalfa-looking do today, and when I took it down, she looked just like that little kid on the ice cream cone boxes at the grocery store. She's now walking more than crawling, and it's so funny to see her little chubby self toddling along, reaching out for the wall, the couch, the dog, whatever, to steady herself once in a while. She has also become obsessed with my old Cabbage Patch Kid. She hugs her up tight, right up to her chin, and says, "Oh, Baby! Mm-wah!" and plants kisses right on the doll's cheek. It is too cute. The only thing funnier was when she decided to change the doll's diaper... she took off the doll's pants, held up the doll's legs, and turned her own head with this awful look on her face, then she said, "EWW!" Hmm. I wonder where she observed this behavior.

On another note, not child related, I have decided not to keep the job that I previously accepted. It's just too much for me to work full time. I have apparently over-estimated myself. Or I did the math wrong when I was calculating the number of hours in the day (I was an English major, after all :). So, over the next few weeks, I will be phasing back to part time. Whew. I'm glad that's over with!

Another thing... (I hate to admit this one, but the blog is cathartic, you know) tonight, I backed out of the garage - please note that it was dark, raining, and the reverse lights are not the best on the car - and rammed right into the front fender of my mom's car. Crunch. Yes, I'm a moron. Yes, I feel bad. Yes, I'm going to try to make Jesse suck the dent out with a plunger.