Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ho, Ho, Ho


Sorry... I'm not doing very well at keeping up this month! But I'm guessing that no one has much time to read, either, so I don't feel "too awful bad," as we put it at home. Yesterday, we took the kids to see Santa at the mall... Sadie was so excited that she couldn't think of anything that she wanted for Christmas except "a new pair of Jingley Socks because I pulled all the bells off of mine." Then she asked Santa if he would say "Ho, Ho, Ho" (currently Josie's favorite words) and he did... then she and Josie simultaneously cracked up, and Sadie said, "You're silly, Santa Claus!" Then we rode the Christmas Train (by we, meaning ME, Sadie, and Josie). Jesse ran around and around the outside of the train corral snapping pictures. Josie thought this was a hoot, and kept trying to climb out of the caboose. Sadie waved to the crowd and yelled, "Merry Chwistmas, ev-body!" As we were leaving, we stopped by the Salvation Army bell-ringer and he let Sadie ring his jingle bells. She got some donations! It was so cute... I was so proud! My little charity case! hehee just kidding. I'm hoping to instill how important it is to give to those less fortunate than we are. This year, Sadie helped me with the gifts we picked out for these two "angel tree" kids names we got from church. I explained how some kids don't have enough to eat, or don't have Mommies or Daddies to take care of them, or toys to play with. She mulled this over and then decided that we should pray for them. Then we sent a care package to a lady and her little girl in Jamaica, and Sadie drew the little girl a picture and sent her some of her very own pencils "so she can draw pictures, too!"