Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Calgon, take me away

Oh my gosh. Am I glad this day is over. Just when I think I've got the parenting thing down okay, a day like this comes along.

The good news is, Sadie is feeling better. And Josie is still fine, as of press time :) The bad news is, I feel like today was a complete and total failure on my part, as a mommy.

Let's just say there was much pushing down of a younger sibling by an older sibling, several refusals to eat, there were numerous "time outs," willful and premeditated disobedience by a 2 year old, whiny screaming tantrums by a one year old, unprecedented crying fits by 2 children (and one mommy), mean yelling (again, the mommy), and finally, bedtime prayers which consisted of, "please God, help us have a better day tomorrow. And help me stop being mean to my sister. Amen."

I thought it only fitting to display Sadie's "mean cowgirl face" at this point: