Friday, January 12, 2007

Time is on my side

Oh, gone are the good old days when I could just sit around and blog to my heart's content. I used to write every day... now it seems like I'm lucky to get to it once a week! I guess a lack of time comes with the territory when you have small children. The kids are being better today - after a few days of badness. I shouldn't say that. BUT, I really have had a rough few days recently. Normally, I feel like I have this really high calling... like being a Mommy is the most important, most wonderful, rewarding thing in the world. The past 3 days I've kind of wanted to run and hide. Yesterday I burst into tears and Jesse came home from work early to help me get the kids to bed. He also brought me a card and dinner (*sniff), since I didn't have time to eat anything between the whining, yelling, and pooping. It was very sweet, and now today is shaping up into a good day. I know I just have to remember that they can't be good all the time. It's tough being a kid, I know. Sadie and I have discussed how hard it is to obey, and she reminds me from time to time, "But Mommy, I don't WANT to obey. It's too hard to obey!" Boy, do I know it. Not only do I remember how hard it was sometimes to obey my own parents, but even now it's difficult (sometimes impossible) for me to obey God. So while I can share in Sadie's growing pains, I seriously need to keep working on my patience.

In good news, Jesse and I are both losing weight. Little by little. But we ARE eating much healthier now, and I have banned junk food from our house. (And he has promised not to eat it in the car when I am not supervising :) Also, Josie has learned to sing "Down By the Bay," which is completely entertaining. Sadie even tries to get her to sing it, which is unusual, since Sadie is usally the one who wants the limelight all to herself.

Other good news? (well, maybe... I'll keep you posted.) I'm doing a bridal fair in March to try and get some business going for the wedding shop, which I have pretty much decided that I'm going to do on the side again. We'll see how it goes, but hopefully I haven't lost my touch. See www.dctweddings.com if you want to see some samples and send some business my way :)