Friday, February 23, 2007

Hey...Someone ate my nose.

Today when Josie woke up from her nap, I heard her on the monitor yelling, "Help! Help! (Shrill Scream) Foot! Foot! (Shriek like a banshee) Help! Foot!" Somehow she had contorted her little foot in between the slats on the crib... I got there just in time - I think she was ready to gnaw it off.

Now, if Josie is in trouble, she looks at you sweetly, tilts her head, and says, "Lub ooh." (love you). Do they learn quickly, or what? Well, it's either "lub ooh" or crazy screaming. I prefer the manipulation tactic, myself. Especially in public.

We ventured out into the snow with all of our snow paraphenalia intact... and we built a snowman. Well, we TRIED to build a snowman. The snow was so wet and dense and heavy that we couldn't really roll it into balls, so we kind of clumped it up into 3 big blobs. Sadie then stuck a carrot in for his nose, Josie stuck sticks into the sides for his arms, and we tried to stick acorns in for his mouth (they kept falling off). He didn't last long, though... Jesse said a deer ate his nose. Then Sadie proceeded to climb a snow mountain (seriously... the pile next to our driveway was about 4 feet tall). Josie, not to be outdone, followed closely behind her, quickly losing not one, but TWO boots in the snow. I had to climb the mountain myself (and unlike them, I sank all the way in to the squishy mud at the bottom) and save my wet-socked snow bandit. It was fun, though!

Sadie said her prayers last night, thanking God for her curtains, her Snoopy, her bed, her mommy and daddy, Josie, juice boxes, animal crackers, and Lady & the Tramp. Then whispered to me while pointing next to her head at her pillow... "God is sleeping right there. You have to be quiet. God is sleeping with me tonight. And my angel is sitting in my chair over there." I really believed her. :)