Sunday, May 27, 2007

S is for Shaky

Sadie has made a breakthrough in her letter-learning. Over the past week, she has put sounds and letters together... now she can figure out what letter a word begins with just by making the sound! I'm so excited about it... it's so cool to see the little wheels turning in her head when she says, "Dog... d-d-d- D!" "Zoo... z-z-z- Z!" I've been told by several people that she's probably "gifted," which may put a kink in my homeschooling aspirations. ME? Homeschool a gifted child? Honestly, I don't know that I have those kinds of qualifications.

Josie is now thoroughly entranced with her baby dolls. She rocks them, reads to them, puts them to bed, dresses them (mainly in hats) and snuggles them in next to her teddy bear. Oh, and she sings the "Shaky Egg" song to them: "I know a chicken... she laid an egg. I know a chicken... she laid an egg. Oh my goodness! It's a shaky egg!" I know, I know. Not the greatest educational or spiritual song ever, but hey - you should see her shaking her egg!


We put up the "Alligator Pool" outside this week. Lydia and Darryl got it for the kids for Christmas, and it's this big wading pool that has two slides on it - one on each side - that look like an alligator... the head is one slide and the tail is another. They had a blast in that thing, and they look so stinking cute in their little bathing suits! Oh, and Sadie, who is prety much completely potty-trained now (Yahoo!!!) has learned to, ahem... potty outside. That is, on the edge of our woods so we wouldn't have to run in the house dripping wet. She thought it was the neatest thing ever: "Hey! Just like a puppy!"