Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Numbly Bumbley

What a day. Just when things started to feel like they were going to get back to "normal," (normal for me is probably NOT normal for most people), everything goes haywire. Jesse gets a cold. Josie (who for all intents and purposes is THE most "regular" person alive - ask anyone at church... come 10:30am on Sunday morning, she stinks everyone out of the nursery, every week) has been having, shall we say, issues, since Saturday, and to top it all off, I woke up this morning with my left elbow roughly the size of a grapefruit. Don't ask me why. I go to bed, it's normal. I wake up, it's giant. And it HURTS. I go to work, it hurts, I work, it hurts, I go to lunch, it hurts, I call the doctor. I go to the doctor. Something exploded in there, possibly because I whacked my funny bone yesterday. They numb it, by sticking me with a needle about 12 times (a whole OTHER thing... If they're trying to NUMB you to not feel PAIN, why do they have to STICK you repeatedly with a stinking sharp NEEDLE?!), then slice it with some kind of a razorblade. I have some mysterious elbow infection/exploded fluid something. I don't understand it. Honestly, I think I would have rather just gritted my teeth and felt the razorblade for a second than having the so-called "numbing" put in there. I mean, it's not like I've never cut myself with a razor before (if you've ever seen the backs of my knees, you know what I mean). Anyway, they gave me antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, and anti-venom or something. What I need is some anti-WEIRD AILMENTS HAPPENING ONLY TO ME pills. But I digress. After that weird little visit to the doctor, I gave up and took Josie to HER doctor, too, because she was breaking my heart by holding her little tummy, crying, and yelling "Tummy hurt! I poop! TUMMY HURT! POOOOOOOP!!!" every ten minutes. I won't go into the details, but she feels better now, bless her little heart.

Funny things: Sadie had on her "grandma shirt," as she calls it - one that looks like a peasant shirt with big sleeves - her Grandma Beth has one like it, I think. Or at least Sadie thinks she does...Anyway, this shirt turned out to be a bit on the small side. When Sadie reached up for something, she said, "Hey! My belly is cold! This shirt is too small! I think we need to give it to our friend Josie."

Last night, the kids watched Rudolph for the 867th time. I know, I know, it's September. I live in a timeless void. Anyway, the Abominable Snowman came on the screen and Sadie says, "Hey! Look! It's my Grandpa!" Josie echoes, "Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa!" Yeah, old Roy is a mighty humble bumble, all right. :)