Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bad day, Sadie's Out of a Job

Oh my goodness...what a day. I am pooped. Josie had, shall we say, a very TWO day today. She screamed (shrill, bloody murder screams), popped Sadie on top of the head with a broom (on purpose), yelled, "NO! NO! NO!" at me (and Daddy AND Grammy), and shoved Sadie down on the kitchen floor. She also screamed, "I!!!!!!!!! I!!!! I!!!!!" at the top of her lungs every time she saw something that she wanted to do. She is so incredibly hard-headed. If she weren't so ridiculously cute, I think I would seriously have to smack her around. :) I think that's why God makes our children so cute in our eyes... so we won't spend the day spanking them over and over. Anyway, she was just MEAN all day. Even right up to bedtime. I went to put her in her crib and she kicked me as hard as she could. What do you do? Say, "You're in time-out!" and turn out the light? Sheesh.

Funny things that happened:
I was discussing the importance of CEASING thumb-sucking to Sadie. (Keep in mind that she doesn't do it unless she has Snoopy). She said, "I just can't stop doing it, Mommy. That's just the way that I am." I tried not to laugh, and then I told her a little bit about habits and how hard it is to change them. I told her how she's been sucking her thumb for a long time, ever since she was in Mommy's tummy - we could see her sucking her thumb even in the ultrasound picture. She thought about that for a minute, then said, "But how did Snoopy get into your tummy?!"

Sadie quotes Frances the badger quite frequently these days, singing, "I am poor and hungry here, eating prunes and rice...." but tonight when I was tucking her in, she went even further. I said, "I want you to stay in bed tonight, Sadie. Do you know what will happen if you get out of bed tonight?" She said, without a blink, "I will be out of a job?"

Good news:
The girls both love Frog and Toad. I LOVED Frog and Toad, so we finally have some bedtime stories that both of us like. I am so Toad. :)