Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Udder Zaccheus

Jesse was discussing the Zaccheus story with Sadie while we were at supper the other night (that was her Sunday School lesson for the week) and he said, "What would you say to Zaccheus if you were Jesus?" She thought a minute, then said, "Well, I would tell him to get down from there because it's suppertime. AND, I will let you go to sleep in the green grass and I will take you to the still waters." I thought that was so smart!!! She was putting herself in Jesus' place!

"Don't take dem all, my Mommy!" Josie admonished me today as I was trying to "share" her strawberries with Sadie. "I still eatin' dem!" Her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few months, and she has this adorable little low voice... kind of like a guttural voice... I can't explain it, but she tends to pooch out her lips and frown when she talks, like she's TRYING to talk like a cowboy or something.

Later, Sadie brought a ziploc bag with a cheese sandwich in it into the kitchen and slung it up on the counter. "Mommy, Grammy left this for me in my room. She's always doing stuff like that... stuff she's not supposed to. I don't know why. I think it's because she's old."

My favorite thing that Josie and I do now is our bedtime ritual. I tell her she's the best Josie in the whole wide world, and then I say I want a smooch. She kisses me, then says, "Kiss your nose." She kisses my nose. "Kiss your eyes." She kisses my eyes. "Kiss my head." I kiss her head. "Kiss my cheek." I kiss her cheek. "Now de udder one." I kiss the other cheek. "I kiss your lips." She kisses my lips. "You kiss my ears." I kiss her ears. It's the best bedtime game ever!