Saturday, October 20, 2007

God and the Moon

Today, when I was trying to get Josie to help clean up her room, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm God." I was a little taken aback. I laughed and said, "No, you are not God!" She said, "Yes I am, Mommy, I am God." (...and I don't have to clean up my room, in other words. :)

Tonight we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for supper, then we had a pumpkin carving party on the back deck. The kids had lots of fun scooping out "pumpkin guts" with their cousins, and then we made a little pumpkin procession on the rock walk in the back of the house. Their favorite part was FIRE!!! The little pyros. They love "helping" to light the candles and watching their pumpkins come to life.

Sadie spent the night for a girls' slumber party with Grandma and Teagan, and Josie came home with us. On the way, she said, "Hey! Look up dere in the sky! The moon! A honeymoon! I can't reach it! Urrghhh!!! (as she tried to reach it) It's too high!" I asked what she would do if she got the moon, and she said, "I would throw it in the trash can."