Monday, October 22, 2007

Wake Up

Before bed tonight, I read some of my daily Bible reading to Sadie in her room. When she got into bed, she asked, "Mommy, when is Jesus coming back?" I told her I didn't know... that it is going to be a big surprise, but when He does come back, an angel will blow a giant trumpet and we'll hear it all across the world! She said, "That will be loud! Where will Jesus be when He comes?" I told her that I thought He would step out on the clouds in the sky and we would all see Him and that He would know who she was!!! She got this excited look on her face and a great big smile, and she said, "And He will come down here, and I will sit on His lap and He will tell me stories and it will be great! And all of those angels - lots and lots of them - will be here too!!!" I said, "Do you want to pray and ask for Jesus to please come back soon?" She answered, "No, because He can't hear me... He has nails in His ears." I laughed... I couldn't help it. Then I told her the nails weren't in His ears, but in His hands and feet. She asked if they were still there, but I told her that after God brought Jesus back from being dead, he no longer had nails in His hands and feet... that He's all better now. She said, "Maybe He will come back on Easter! Just like when God brought Him back from being dead! And then maybe Great Grandpa Ralph will wake up too, when the trumpet blows!" She was SO excited, and I was moved to tears.... having a spiritual discussion with a three year old is an amazing and humbling thing.