Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oooh! Cat!

Yesterday, Josie was supposed to be taking a nap. Instead of silence, I kept hearing singing, talking, and humming coming from her room. I opened the door and went in and she was standing up in her crib, looking toward the bluebirds on the wall behind the crib. I didn't realize that she didn't know I'd come in until I was standing right behind her. I said, "Hey!" She jumped a FOOT off of her mattress STRAIGHT up into the air and yelled, "OOOH! Oooh! Mommy, you scare me." Then we both had a good laugh. :)

This afternoon, Sadie and I worked on her letters for a little while. I wrote "at" down about 10 times, then let her fill in letters in front, like b, c, f, h, etc. As she wrote the letters down, we sounded out the letter sounds and SHE READ THE WORDS TO ME!!! It was the greatest feeling! She was all proud of herself, too, and she called her grandma (a teacher) to give her the good news. I have the feeling she'll be a fairly accomplished reader by age 4 (like yours truly, heehee).