Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Things

Tuesday afternoon we went on a leaf hunt... the girls found "special leaves" and we taped them to our special leaf map. It was fun - they like doing scavenger hunt types of things, especially outside.

Last night was Halloween, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 got all dressed up and went looking for "loot" in Aunt Becky's neighborhood, the trick or treating capital of two counties. Josie was really good at saying "Trickertreat!" and "Thank you, Lady!" to people, and Sadie told a couple of people who had one of those outdoor firepit things: "That's a mighty nice fire you got there!" It was fun, but we were so tired by the end (we missed naps yesterday) that when we ran into a couple of teenage Thing 1s and Thing 2s who wanted to take their picture with the girls, Sadie looked at me and deadpanned, "I am NOT getting out of this wagon."

Today when I went to get Josie out of bed, she said, "Mommy, when is Jesus coming back? I want to play with Him!" This caught me a little off guard... I think she pays way more attention to things than we usually give her credit for.