Monday, November 05, 2007

Her Best Friend Can't Drive

The other day we went to the dollar store to let the girls pick out some things to go in our shoe boxes to ship overseas for Operation Christmas Child (we ended up doing SIX this year... I went a bit overboard). Jesse took the girls out to the car to load them up while I paid for everything and proceeded to leave all 7 bags sitting there in the store. I didn't realize this until 2 hours, lunch, and a drive home later. It was time for Jesse to go to work, so I had to pack the kids right back in the car and drive back to the store myself (miraculously, everything was still there - they must've known it was for a good cause and I don't have any more money!). As I pulled out of the driveway, Sadie said, "Oh NO!" I said, "What?" thinking I'd forgotten something else of importance, like Snoop, Blankie, or my mind. She said, "You're driving! Mommy, you are not the best driver. Daddy is. He doesn't get all turned around and he always knows where he is going." Well, needless to say, I was a bit miffed (although the child does speak the truth - I get lost all the time). Jesse thought it was hi-lar-i-ous.

On the way home from our little escapade, I asked the girls to be quiet because I wanted to call Melanie... to which Josie replied, "But MOMMY! I am your best friend!" :)

Last but not least, when I got Josie up from her nap yesterday, she said in this tiny little squeaky voice, "Mommy!? Some-ti-imes, I have poop issues." She also speaks the truth, but it was weird to hear it coming from her.

I have been incredibly tired lately. Maybe it's the winter blahs coming on... it's supposed to snow here tomorrow! Sigh. I think I could go without another snow forever and not miss it after the last couple of years! Anyway, I must return to the laundry, the shoebox packing, and my "Yada Yada Prayer Group" book by Neta Jackson. If you haven't read the series, you should!