Saturday, November 24, 2007

Talking Turkey

We went to see the doctor on Tuesday, and when the nurse came in, she asked Josie where her boo-boo was. Josie told her a long string of uncomprehensible sentences, ending with, "I coughing!" Then I pitched in and told her that she'd been coughing when she's taking a nap or trying to go to sleep. Josie turned around on the stool she was sitting on, looked at me, and said, "Mommy. I was talking." Humph. I guess trying to teach her not to interrupt backfired on me! The nurse cracked up.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, and early in the morning, Mama and I got up to do some serious cooking. Sadie helped... she peeled all the eggs for the deviled eggs, and she did a lot of stirring. She and Josie both wore their aprons (Josie wore nothing BUT her apron) and went back and forth between helping and watching the giant turkeys, Snoopys, and Hello Kittys on the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Sadie said, "This is the greatest Thanksgiving ever!"

We spent the day over at Grandma and Grandpa's house with the family and the girls had a whale of a time running around like - well, turkeys - with all their cousins and Uncle Darryl, the man of the hour.