Saturday, March 29, 2008

What? FOUR Already?



Saturday was Sadie's fourth birthday. This morning, I told her that it was her birthday, and she said, "What? My birthday!? Already?? I'm FOUR!" She had a good day.... we went to a real tea room with the 2 grandmas, Aunt Becky, Teagan, Aunt Cindy, and Laura. She loved all the china teapots and cups for everyone, the tiny food, the whole nine yards. She wore a blue polka dot dress that she picked out herself, a pearl headband, AND white kid gloves. She was so grown up. I couldn't talk (I'm in the throes of laryngitis again), but I could bask in the glow of her cuteness. :)

She spent the rest of the day (and night) with Grandma Beth (her choice for a happy birthday! :) and then after church on Sunday, we had a cake and ice cream party (courtesy of Grammie) at our house.

Josie went on a special Josie/Daddy trip to the zoo today and had a fabulous time. She came home hyped up on sugar (rock candy) and thrilled with her gift shop purchases (a snake for Sadie's birthday party and a "purse" full of tiny little animals for herself, which she played with ALL night and talked to as if they were 20 babies of her own.