Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow Funny


Yesterday, Jesse, Uncle James, and Grandma took the kids sledding down the hill at her house. They had a blast... Sadie didn't last as long as Josie did, though. Josie was out there for hours, eating snow and making everyone pull her back up the hill so she could go down again all by herself. And, although we just got like 4 feet of snow, funny things are still happening around here.

My mom was talking about "keeping her foot in the door" at her old job, and Sadie said, "But Grammie, if you keep your foot in the door, it's going to get squooshed!"

The girls and I were goofing around on the bed, tickling each other, playing 'footsie,' and telling stories. I was telling them about a mean old crocodile who was sneaking up on a baby hippo, and we were all being really quiet, waiting for the crocodile to pounce, when Josie goes "thpppt! I TOOTED!" We all cracked up, and Josie said over and over, "I messed up you story, Mommy! I messed up you story!"

We were at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and the girls were upstairs. Suddenly, things started flying over the railing on the loft down into the living room. I said, "Sadie, I don't want to see you throwing stuff off of there ANY MORE." She said, "But Mommy, I didn't think you could see me!"

Josie was wiggling around on the bed and she kicked Sadie in the nose. Sadie almost started crying, then Josie said, "I kicked you in the schnozz! Sadie, I'm sorry I kicked you in the schnozz!" Sadie forgot all about crying and we all started saying "Schnozz! Schnozz! Schnozz!"

From out of nowhere, Sadie said, "Mommy, you know those strings in the bathroom where Grammie works? So the little old ladies can pull them if they fall down and they can get help? We need one of those in our bathroom so I won't have to wait so long for you to come help me when I go potty."

Josie singing the wedding song at Grammie's house: "Here comes the pig, here comes the pig!"
Sadie when confronted with a no-no: "Hmm. Mommy, I think one of your children did it. But it wasn't me, so it must've been Josie."
Sadie when cleaning behind the bed: "Hey look! A cobweb! One of those "cob-spiders" must have built it."